Today I’ve got a fresh new Lively Show for you full of actionable life and business ideas!
I’m talking with Kathryn Jackson, the founder of Protect Your Pumps, a product that protects the soles of your high heels, and the co-founder of Essentially Mint, an all natural beauty product line out of Milwaukee.
In this episode, we tackle the topic of online overwhelm, or “e-brain,” as I like to call it. We’ll be talking about what to do when it happens, and how to avoid it in the first place.
We’ll also be talking about how Kathryn’s career has evolved over the years, how natural products have become a big part of her life, and her recommendations for those looking to get more PR for their business or partner with a family member or friend.
This episode is perfect for anyone who struggles at times with online overwhelm, wants to switch to natural products, or runs a business.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How a career in finance and accounting led to a law degree, then to retail, and eventually sparked Kathryn’s first business.
- Kathryn’s best PR tip for small businesses.
- How Kathryn leverages Instagram for both of her companies.
- How Kathryn’s mother’s passion for natural products sparked a mother/daughter business.
- What Kathryn recommends if you are thinking about working with a friend or family member.
- Kathryn’s biggest tip to help us switch to more natural products. (~14:00)
- How Kathryn has avoided online overwhelm, or “e-brain.” (~24:00)
- Kathryn’s current non-fiction book recommendations.
- What Kathryn would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out past Lively Show episodes here.
PS – Calling all Austin locals & Texans! I’m going to have a low-key meetup for drinks and/or dinner next Wednesday, August 20th at 7pm at a local restaurant. If you’d like to come, please RSVP by emailing me at jess(at)with-intention.com. : )