In today’s Lively Show we are speaking with our first repeat guest from Season 1, Caroline Rector, the writer behind the popular fashion blog, Un-Fancy.
Caroline has blogged her journey to live with a capsule wardrobe and inspired thousands of readers to reconsider what it means to have a wardrobe they love.
Today on her blog, Caroline shared her decision to take a six month break from her blog as she moves to Seattle. In today’s episode she’s sharing her decision to do so, how she has approached her blog compared to her previous photography business, and what she has learned about “traditional” success over the past year.
This show is perfect for anyone who has struggled with traditional approaches to success, or wants to hear an inspiring story about someone who is choosing to step away from a “really good thing” when prompted by her intuition.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What inspired her to start her blog, Unfancy.
- Why Caroline and her husband are moving from Austin to Seattle for six months and the steps they took to make the move possible financially.
- Why she has decided to take a break from blogging for the next six months, even as her blog has become highly successful in a short amount of time.
- The practice that helped her come to this difficult decision.
- What Caroline thinks she may learn through this experience.
- How Caroline defines success and why her idea of what success is has changed dramatically.
- The surprising reason Caroline believes Unfancy might have become a success.
- What might be next for Caroline.
- Our advice to someone who needs to take a break but may not be able to because of financial reasons.
- What Caroline would say to someone who is just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW