Today on the Lively Show, I’m speaking with Jessica Turner of the blog, The Mom Creative, and author of The Fringe Hours.
As a busy wife, mom (of three little ones), and blogger with a full-time job, Jessica is often asked how she makes time for self care and several passions amidst her busy schedule. The Fringe Hours became an answer to this question from Jessica’s experience as well as the lives of 2,000 other women across the country.
In the show, we’ll discuss what the fringe hours are, how we can find them in our own schedules, and how to overcome a few core limiting beliefs that can prevent us from prioritizing self-care.
This episode is perfect for anyone who is feeling burned out, empty from a lack of self-care, or frustrated by the concept of finding balance in their lives.
(PrepDish offer valid through June 14, 2015)
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What inspired Jessica to write her book, The Fringe Hours.
- The importance of leaving space in our schedules.
- How and when to say “no.”
- How to avoid and overcome comparison to people we know personally or follow online.
- Why envy can be a helpful and powerful emotion.
- What Jessica believes is “the new perfect.”
- How she makes time for her passions every day despite her busy schedule.
- How to find time during your day to do things you enjoy.
- How she overcame her own doubts to write her book.
- What Jessica would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Jessica’s blog, The Mom Creative
Shauna Niequist on entertaining
LISTEN TO THE SHOW