Today’s episode of The Lively Show is extremely powerful, insightful, and so soothing that I have a feeling many people will feel like they’ve had a massage after listening to the show!
I’m talking with Australian life coach, Tara Bliss, about her journey from using drinking and drugs to be the best version of herself, to finding a more peaceful approach to living her life.
Tara details her experiences and advice for others who struggle with this area of life in her book, High: A Party Girl’s Guide To Peace.
(Note: The practices Tara recommends are geared towards those with milder relationships to alcohol and drugs, not specifically serious addictions.)
This episode is perfect for anyone who would like to: hear an honest and inspiring personal story, learn about new ways to approach drinking peacefully, or learn how to connect with a partner who may not be on the same personal growth path as themselves.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- Why Tara moved away from home during high school and worked to support herself.
- What lead her to begin drinking at the age of 15.
- How her drinking and drug habits affected her as an aspiring olympian volleyball player.
- The wakeup call she had during a volleyball game that gave her perspective on her lifestyle and choices.
- The transformational trip that helped her to leave a large part of her lifestyle behind.
- Tara shares what helped her get through the difficulties she had in her relationship with her future husband as they recovered from substance abuse together.
- Her advice to someone who is interested in self development who has a partner that doesn’t share the same interest.
- How we can transform our judgment into compassion.
- What practices have helped Tara let go of drugs and alcohol.
- Tara explains her accidental transition into life coaching.
- Why she decided to self publish her book.
- How Tara’s perspective has shifted about sobriety even since she wrote her book and her advice to anyone who is thinking about exploring sobriety.
- What Tara would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
High: A Party Girl’s Guide To Peace
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
PS – Want to come to the Lively Show Austin Farewell Meet Up on Tuesday, July 21st at 7:00pm?
Email jess(at)jesslively(dot)com and let me know! Once we have a head count, we’ll pick a location and email you the details. : )