Today is Royal We Day!
As I’ve been sharing lately on TLS and on IG, I have become obsessed with the popular new fiction book, The Royal We.
The Royal We is a national bestselling book loosely based on the lives of Prince William and Princess Kate if Kate happened to be an American exchange student named Rebecca (Bex) Porter.
It. Is. SO. Good.
We’re talking with the authors, Jessica Morgan and Heather Cocks (also the bloggers behind the popular fashion comedy blog, Go Fug Yourself), about how they wrote the book together, what research went into the epic plot, and how their blog led to their careers as fiction authors.
This episode is perfect for current Royal We fans, potential Royal We readers, or anyone looking to learn how two writers co-authored a 450 page novel together.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What inspired Heather and Jessica to start their website, and how it lead to their book writing careers.
- Their in-depth process of research for The Royal We.
- The method Heather and Jessica use to co-author their books.
- How they created their characters and the work they did to make sure they felt authentic.
- The positive response The Royal We has received in the US, and they think the response will be in the UK.
- Heather and Jessica’s thoughts on possible sequels or a movie deal.
- The struggles they are currently facing personally and as authors.
- What Heather and Jessica would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
Squarespace Mini Interview Guest: Joy Laforme
LISTEN TO THE SHOW